4. März 2010

weather today: cancelled due to unruly season-gods

I squint puzzled at the sunshine glaring through a flurry of snowflakes. They are falling every which way past my window but down. I don’t understand. Just an hour ago it was clear skies. I watch the snow proceed into gray rain, then sunny hail, then a precipitation free but slightly cloudy cover over this wide building sea.
Clearly the fight for spring has begun. It’s…..Winter! Summer! Spring?... no Winter again! then a hefty left blow by persistant Summer! Who is….ohhhh, now down for the count.
While the deities wrestle it out for control of the weather I am still wrestling with flat searching.
Do I live here or there, do I pay this or that, do I like those folks or not, do they like me?
In the end, I guess, it’s just a room. I’ll probably have it for about a year, whether I like it or not. And someday I’ll remember it with more fondness than it probably deserves.

Keine Kommentare: